Thursday, October 1, 2009

Driving Miss Stevie


Well after traveling for 29 hours we made it to Noosa .
The most entertaining part of the travel has been Steve navigating while Joanne drives on the wrong side of the road. No GPS was available so Steve has his head buried in a map periodically looking up to remind Jo that Steve's side of the car must remain close to the curb ( left and right are terms that have variable meaning to Joanne ) .Even the Aussies acknowledge that the Noosa area sets some kind of record for round abouts and since we are entering them from the wrong side this makes navigating them even more challenging!!! Joanne thinks that it is highly unlikley that we will get our damage deposit back on the vehicle given the fingernail marks I have embedded in the dash and the hole in the floor board from me applying my brake foot!!!

Today we went on a very beautiful tour of the Noosa river system and everglades , a whole appreciation you could not get from the roads , and someone else got to drive!
Lots of very unique flora and fauna , we know why so many people have said Noosa was one of their favourite spots .Weather is 24 degreees we can see the surfers from our apartment.

Tomorrow we head to Fraser Isalnd for the day ,the largest sand island in the world .
The Aussie are very freindly ,but think we are from the States :)

1 comment:

  1. Ros and Cole....and Duffy
    Hi there, glad to here that you made it safely... Cole says he's sure they'll be even more friendly when they know you're from Canada, eh...
    we are on your blog acct. steve, cause I couldn't access my richnet acct.
    Cole is being the model nephew! helping out with Rachel Ray dinner prep! Our goal is to try a new RR recipe everyday.. our next recipe is Quick Chic with Brie Mashed Yukon Potatoes!!
    Last night Cole got treated to a 'Blue Man' group concert, which was a makeup for the monster truck show that was cancelled . It was phenomenal...
    today he is off to Sam's to get his computer back.. I'm going to W & W's for bridge hopefully!
    this am I played in a tourney... have to tell u about the last hand...my LHO opened 2d..my p bid 2h... RHO passes...I'm sitting with 15-16hcp.. so I bid 4NT.. my p bids 5d..I think what.. no aces! so bid 5h...then realize oh, oh... 1 ace.. undoes are allowed so asked, and was denied...i asked again...denied.. i wrote 'why?' one opp said I allowed it, come on p... finally the rogue opp allowed my undo, and I bid 6h. We made it and scored 8.2imps. We came in 5th out of 116! pretty good eh!
    have fun, ttys, XX OO

    ReplyDelete