Monday, October 12, 2009

Opening Ceremonies & 10 km


Our first event of the games was the 10 km on Sunday am . It was held at the Olympic Park which is a huge collection of athletics stadiums (at least 10 different stadiums) and we ran on the plazas surrounding many of them which was a great feeling. Some very good runners , I found it a bit disconcerting to be going as hard as I could and seeing from the number of the man in front of me that he was over 70 years old . We had guys in the house that ran 36 minute 10 kms and did not even come close to medaling in the 45-49 age group the winner did 32 minutes ,yikes.

Jan was 4th in her age group and beat her big brother .

The opening ceremonies were quite a thrill walking into the Olympic Stadium with your sport , seeing your picture on the jumbotron was very cool . Can only imagine how cool it would be if you were an Olympian .They put on a very good show for all of us.

Tomorrow we start golfing. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds incredably exciting, I'm glad you are having a good time. We had snow for Thanksgiving here, Michelle and I went to the Keg, no cooking, no dishes, great meal!!
    Snowing again today, but I have a day off, so I'm bundled up at home, doing alittle work around the house, but mostly relaxing!
    I hope your weather improves, and GO TEAM GO!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete